Saturday, April 17, 2010

Beautiful Saturday in Chicago

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Today was a very busy day, just how I like it! Also, the sun was shining and it was cool and dry. Perfect. This morning my family and I went to a birthday party for Ben, who turned 2 today. He is the son of friends of my brother and also of mine and my parents. It was a lot of fun to see 20 2 year olds in action. The party was held at the Takiff Center in Glencoe. What a beautiful setting and spot by Lake Michigan. The kids had lots of cars to ride in and then food and cupcakes after that. Also a surprise visit from "Elmo" (who was really Ben's Dad, but we didn't tell him!) My brother even had his picture taken with Elmo. It was pretty funny to see a 6'4" guy with Elmo! We were there for Ben's first birthday too, so it is fun to see the changes in him in a year. By the time his third birthday arrives, he will have a new baby brother. That is exciting too! We drove around in Glencoe on the way home and saw some beautiful homes. Would be neat to live there! After lunch, we watched some of the Bulls game, but they were not looking too good. They ended up losing the first playoff game, which did not surprise us. Then we went swimming at the Park Center in the warm water therapy pool and hot tub. We saw two of our friends there too. Just finished dinner and watched part of an old James Bond movie, "From Russia With Love." Not quite like the new version with Daniel Craig! Checked the e-mail and Facebook to read the latest and then decided to post on my blog. Tomorrow my friend, Elizabeth, whom I have known since kindergarten is going to be in town from Washington D.C. and she is coming over to visit. I can't wait to see her. I love weekends like this where there is a lot going on. No time to get bored. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment